11701 Community Center Drive
Northglenn, CO 80233
Northglenn operates with a Council-Manager style of government. This means the city’s residents elect a governing body (known in Northglenn as City Council) that conducts the legislative functions of the city. In turn, the city manager executes the laws and administers the city’s government.
Some of the powers and responsibilities that City Council has include:
• Enacts local legislation
• Adopts the city’s budget
• Determines policies for the city
• Appoints the city manager
• Appoints the municipal judge
• Appoints members of city boards and commissions
• Represents the city on various area, regional and state boards and organizations
Council consists of nine members, including the mayor. Two councilmembers are elected from each of the city’s four wards, while the mayor is elected at large, by the general public.
Councilmembers are elected for four-year terms. Per Colorado state law, the mayor and councilmembers are limited to two consecutive terms in office, but may serve more than two terms if they are not continuous.
Council assumes office at the first meeting following certification results. At this meeting, a Mayor Pro Tem is selected and council appointments are made to various boards and commissions.
The city is divided into four contiguous wards. The wards should approximately have the same amount of voters to assure equal representation.
• Mayor Pro Tem: Carol Dodge
• Adams 12 Five Star Board Liaison: Antonio B. Esquibel
• Business Relations Coordinator: Marci Whitman
• Colorado Municipal League Representative: Carol Dodge
• Colorado Municipal League Alternate Representative: Joe Brown
• Denver Regional Council of Governments Representative: Kyle Mullica
• Denver Regional Council of Governments Alternate Representative: Jordan Sauers
• Finance Committee: Joyce Downing, Joe Brown & Kim Snetzinger
• Metro North Chamber of Commerce Liaison: Kim Snetzinger
• Metro North Chamber of Commerce Business & Government Affairs Committee Representative: Kim Snetzinger
• North Area Transportation Alliance Representative: Joyce Downing
• North Metro Fire Rescue District Board Liaison: Marci Whitman
• Northglenn Arts & Humanities Foundation Liaison: Carol Dodge
• Northglenn Senior Organization Liaison: Carol Dodge
• Northglenn Urban Renewal Authority Representative: Joe Brown
• Parks and Recreation Advisory Board Ex-Officio Member: Kim Snetzinger
• Parliamentarian: Kim Snetzinger
• Performance Appraisal Committee Members: Joyce Downing, Joe Brown & Kim Snetzinger
• Planning Commission Ex-Officio Member: Becky Brown
• Rangeview Library District Board Liaison: Marci Whitman
• Rocky Flats Stewardship Council Representative: Joyce Downing
• Youth Commission Ex-Officio Member: Carol Dodge
• VALE Board Alternate Member: Jordan Sauers