The position's duties include:
- Overseeing daily activities of the city government
- Directing the operations of all city departments
- Implementing policy decisions of City Council
- Working with council in the development and formulation of policies, goals and objectives
- Keeping council informed of community issues
- Representing the city's interests throughout the region and beyond through the coordination of activities with various local, state and federal agencies
The department consists of the following divisions, with the responsibilities underneath.
Economic Development Division
- Retainment and attraction of businesses
- Providing information to the public and media about the city through multiple channels
- Cable franchise regulations
Heather Geyer was appointed city manager for Northglenn in July 2018 and began serving that August. She is the first female city manager in Northglenn's history.
She has received numerous national and state awards for organizational development, budget development and communications. Geyer presents at state and national conferences/webinars, sharing the city's innovative practices.
Heather is a resident of Northglenn and keeps her work-life balance through running, yoga, golf, hiking, traveling and spending time with her family.
- Mountain Plains Regional vice president for the International City-County Management Association (ICMA) Executive Board of Directors
- Founding member of Colorado Women Leading Government, a group dedicated to advancing the role of women in local government
- ICMA credentialed manager candidate
- June 2010-August 2018: Administrative services director for the City of Wheat Ridge (Interim from June to December 2010)
As director, she oversaw the internal services department, which is committed to providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
- December 2006-June 2010: Assistant to the City Manager/Public Information Officer for Wheat Ridge
- 2005-2006: Management specialist in the City Manager's Office in the City of Greenwood Village
- 2000-2005: Management assistant to the director of Parks, Trails and Recreation in Greenwood Village
- Summer 2000: New York Government Scholar, interning with New York City Parks Agency Director of Government Relations
- 1999: Intern for City of Greenwood Village
- Leadership ICMA, Class of 2015
- Senior Executive Institute (SEI) graduate
- Master of Arts, political science with an emphasis in public policy, University of Colorado-Denver
- Bachelor of Science, political science and public policy from the University of Denver