The city manager is the chief administrative officer for Northglenn.
The position's duties include:
- Overseeing daily activities of the city government
- Directing the operations of all city departments
- Implementing policy decisions of City Council
- Working with council in the development and formulation of policies, goals and objectives
- Keeping council informed of community issues
- Representing the city's interests throughout the region and beyond through the coordination of activities with various local, state and federal agencies
The department consists of the following divisions, with the responsibilities underneath.
Economic Development Division
- Retainment and attraction of businesses
- Providing information to the public and media about the city through multiple channels
- Cable franchise regulations