nextdoor instagram twitter facebook youtube

Animal Control

Animal care and control is handled by the Police Department's Community Service Officers from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily. If you have an emergency related to an animal please call 911.

  • Picking up loose domestic animals
  • Investigating neglect/abuse of animals
  • Barking dogs and dog bites

Animal Control does not handle wildlife, but they may be able to provide limited advice. Wildlife is best handled by professional pest control companies or the Colorado Parks and Wildlife.


All dogs and cats must be inoculated against rabies by a licensed veterinarian as frequently as recommended by the Compendium of Animal Rabies Control as made known by the National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians. Dogs and cats must be inoculated within 30 days of being brought into the city.

Related Information


Emergency/Crime: 911
Non-Emergency Dispatch: 303.288.1535
Leave a Message: 303.450.8886

Animal Control Officers      
Ofc. Soustek
(Wednesday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)