General Inquiry: 303-450-8892
Northglenn Police Department
11701 Community Center Drive
Northglenn, CO 80233
What should I do if I become a victim of identity theft?
If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, there are a number of important steps you should follow. Be prepared to document all unauthorized transactions and to be patient -- the process can take a number of months. If you are the victim of identity theft in the City of Northglenn, please click on the left sidebar to fill out the report. Once the form is filled out and the documentation gathered, please bring it into the Northglenn Police Department.
Steps to take when your identity is stolen
- Step 1 -- Contact your bank and other credit card issuers
- Step 2 – File a report with your local law enforcement agency
- Step 3 - File a report with the Federal Trade Commission
- Step 4—Contact one of the three major credit reporting bureaus
- Step 5-- Contact all of your creditors by phone and in writing
- Step 6-- Notify the phone company
- Step 7-- Notify the post office
- Step 8-- Notify the Social Security Administration
- Step 9-- Notify the State Department
- Step 10-- If you are contacted by a collection agency
- Step 11 --If your driver’s license or DMV-issued card was stolen
For a more detailed explanation of the above steps, please click here.