See the list of applicants for the open Ward 3 position.
Council is scheduled to vote to fill the vacancy on May 9.
Replaces Julie Duran Mullica, Who Left Office Effective April 21
At its May 9 meeting, City Council unanimously voted to select Richard Kondo as the new Ward 3 Council Member. See video of the meeting below.
Click here to see Kondo's application for council.
At the City Council meeting on Feb. 28, Council Member Julie Duran Mullica announced she will be moving out of the city and resigning her position on council effective April 21.
This will create a vacancy in Ward 3 that must be filled by appointment by City Council no later than May 21. Anyone who lives in Ward 3 and is interested in applying for the vacancy may do so by submitting an application to the City Clerk’s Office. Applications are above or in the City Clerk’s Office, which is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in City Hall, 11701 Community Center Drive.
To be eligible to serve on City Council, individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be a registered voter
- Must be a resident of Northglenn for a minimum of one year immediately preceding appointment
- Must be a resident of Ward 3 for at least 32 days immediately preceding application
- Must have no felony convictions
- April 4 to 22, 2022: Application period. Anyone interested must apply by 4:30 p.m. April 22.
- May 2 (Study Session): Council interviews applicants for the vacant council position. Interviews will be conducted during a public meeting and broadcast on Channel 8 and the city’s YouTube channel.
- May 9 (Regular Meeting): Council will appoint a new member to fill the Ward 3 vacancy. The council member will serve until the regularly scheduled general municipal election in November 2023.
Ward 3 Boundaries
If you have questions about what ward you live in, call 303.450.8756.