Note: No Fireworks or Festival at E.B. Rains, Jr. Park This Year and Fireworks are Ilegal in Northglenn
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there are no city fireworks or festival activies this year. Please note the following:
- 8 a.m.: Flag Raising With Mayor
- 10 a.m. - Noon: July 4th Cool Car Cruise
- 10:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (varied times based on age, see below): An Independence Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Anytime: Bike, Trike, Wheelchair and Pet Parade Around Your Neighborhood
- Anytime: Virtual Fantastic 4th Chalk Contest
Flag Raising with Mayor
Join Mayor Meredith Leighty on Facebook as she greets Northglenn residents and welcomes them into Independence Day with a traditional raising of the American, Colorado and Northglenn flags by the Northglenn Police Department Color Guard.
July 4th Cool Car Cruise
Step outside your home and enjoy a fun display of antique and classic cars, plus the Northglenn Police Department and North Metro Fire Rescue vehicles, as they travel through all four wards of Northglenn. Click here to see the route and general times of the Cool Car Cruise.
- Please keep a safe distance from other event-goers, including wearing a mask and staying six feet from other attendees.
- The best would be for you to stay in your front yard if the cruise is passing by your home. If it is not, please be mindful to stay six feet away from the next family that is watching the cruise.
- If the cruise is not going down your street, you are welcome to come to one of the cruise locations in your neighborhood. However, we ask that you either watch from your car (streets will only be closed while the cruise is traveling on that street) or park on a side street and walk to a safe location to watch the cruise so that you are also six feet away from other attendees.
Bike, Trike, Wheelchair and Pet Parade Around Your Neighborhood
Our annual Bike, Trike, Wheelchair and Pet Parade is moving online! Get creative and active. Have fun dressing up the kids, yourself and fido. Decorate your wheels and go for a walk or ride. Think big red, white and blue by day and glow, light-up gear and flashy stuff by night. Practice waving to your friends and neighbors as your strut your Independence Day stuff! Then DON'T FORGET THE BEST PART: SHOW OFF!! We want you to post and share your videos with us. We are going to pull all the photos and videos together and show off a virtual party the week after.
Fantastic 4th Chalk Contest! Virtual
Look for an amazing “how-to" chalk art video on Nortghlgenn's social media on July 3 by professional artist Sean Stoker. Then it's your turn to create your own patriotic chalk art drawing creation. You can submit entries for the contest from noon on July 3rd through the evening of July 5th. If you want to make chalk art along with a professional, a second drawing will be released on July 4 showing more detail. Click here to enter your artwork in the contest! Winners will get gift cards and an art gift.
An Independence Day Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Come join in on the fun completing Independence Day inspired missions using the GooseChase app. Participants pre-register to receive their code and information about the Hunt. At the designated time, registrants log on to the app and start completing missions. You directly upload the pictures/videos through the GooseChase app. Missions are scored points and can receive bonuses for creativity, involvement, etc. Family participation is encouraged, but the primary participant must be in the appropriate age-group. One registrant per household only (so if you have three children, only register one person for the family - individuals do not compete against each other). Registration limited in each category and will close two hours prior to the start time, so sign up early! It's a great way to beat the midday holiday heat!
Ages 8-10 10:30 am -12:30 pm Code: 20313049 - 03
Ages 11-14 1:00-3:00 pm Code: 20313049 - 04
Ages 15-18 3:30-5:30 pm Code: 20313049 - 05
For details about the opportunity go to: http://northglennarts.org/education