Derby Day combines the annual Fishing Derby with a Bike Derby!
No registration is required to compete in the fishing contest. Remember the contest is for kids ages 2 to 14. We will have goodie bags for the first 300 children that come.
The Fishing contest is now FREE! No registration is required. The first 300 kids will get a goodie bag. Anglers ages 2 to 14 are welcome to compete for prizes. Official fishing times are 8:30 to 10 a.m. Name and age required to measure a fish. If you need a break from fishing, visit the Division of Wildlife booth for fun facts about fishing in Colorado or join our bike derby presented by HEAL.
- Awards will be presented at 10:30 a.m. in six age categories and for the overall longest fish.
- Each winner will receive a fishing pole, tackle box and trophy.
What to Bring
Bring your own pole, tackle and bait as none will be provided.
Lawn chairs or picnic blanket recommended.
There will be goodie bags and snacks for participants, so come and be part of the excitement!
- Starting at 8:30 a.m., The Northglenn HEAL committee will host a free bike derby and obstacle course for youth.
- Northglenn will provide the bikes and helmets for the derby.
- You can also learn how to make minor repairs to your bike during a free workshop.
- A limited number of refurbished bicycles and new bike helmets will be given away at the event.
|8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
|Fishing Derby Welcome! Goodie bags for the first 300 kids
|8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
|8:30 a.m. -10:00 a.m.
|Derby Awards Ceremony
The fishing contest is free this year, NO registration is required. Just come join the fun! All HEAL, bike rodeo, and other activities and free and open to enjoy when you arrive.
For more details call 303.450.8935.