Our Kid's Fishing Derby has a new name! Derby Day combines the annual Fishing Derby with a Bike Derby and healthy summer kick off!
Anglers ages 2 to 14 are welcome to compete in the fishing contest. Check-in is at 8 a.m., with fishing going from 8:30 to 10 a.m. While you're waiting enjoy local vendors geared to help you have a healthy summer. There will also be exercise and presentations on the stage before and after the derby awards!
- Awards will be presented at 11:00 a.m. in six age categories and for the overall longest fish.
- Each winner will receive a fishing pole, tackle box and trophy.
- The grand prize winner will have the fish mounted as a trophy and receive it at a City Council meeting.
What to Bring
Bring your own pole, tackle and bait as none will be provided.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife will have a fishing clinic and drawings for free fishing poles.
There will be mementos, snacks and lots of fun for all participants, so come and be part of the excitement.
- Starting at 9:30 a.m., the city will host a free bike derby and obstacle course for youth.
- Bicycle Colorado will provide the bikes and helmets.
- We’ll even raffle away refurbished bikes and new helmets.
- You can also learn how to make minor repairs to your bike during a free workshop.
The new Derby Day logo is so much fun, we want to celebrate it with a coloring contest! Print off the coloring sheet here. Contestants can color in advance and submit it at Derby Day by the fishing registration. The coloring winner will be shared on Facebook, displayed at the Natural Grocers on Washington Street AND receive a Healthy Summer Basket for their family!
|8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||Fishing Derby Check In|
|8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Community Vendors Open|
|8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.||Fishing|
|9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Bike Rodeo Activities|
|10:00 a.m.||Bike Drawing|
|10:15 a.m.||Zumba Demo|
|10:30 a.m.||Bike Drawing|
|10:40 a.m.||Kick Boxing Demo|
|11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.||Bike Drawing & Derby Awards Ceremony|
|11:45 a.m.||Mad About Hoops Show & Workshop|
In addition to biking, the whole family can participate in several group exercise programs, learn about healthy snacks for the summer, see a beehive in action and receive treats from participating vendors. We’ll even have a healthy breakfast food truck on site.
Kids to Parks Day is also part of the fun! Including a scavenger hunt and a visit from Buddy the Bison.