Water rates are based on the city’s water supply and customer demand. We strive to provide high-quality water service at an affordable cost.
CALCULATE YOUR WATER BILL
(Flat Monthly Fee Regardless of Water Consumption)
|Meter Size||Monthly Charge|
Water Volume Rates
Cost for each 1,000 gallons
Fee is based on the amount of water your residence consumes in addition to the Monthly Fixed Charge.
Single Family Residential Customers
|Rate per 1,000 Gallons|
|Tier 1||1,000 to 3,000||$3.76|
|Tier 2||4,000 to 10,000||$4.70|
|Tier 3||11,000 to 20,000||$5.88|
|Tier 4||Greater than 20,000||$8.80|
(Businesses, schools, churches, etc.)
EQR is the five year rolling average compared to the residential five year rolling average.
|Tier 1||100% EQR||$3.55|
|Tier 2||Over 100% EQR||$6.18|
Irrigation Only (outside use only)
Rate per 1,000 Gallons
All Consumption: $6.18
Domestic Use Only (inside use only)
Rate per 1,000 Gallons
All Consumption: $3.55
Other Charges on Your Utility Bill
The annual sewer charge is based upon the Average Water Consumption billed in December, January, February and March. This Average Water Consumption total is then multiplied by the sewer rate of $4.96 determining the Annual Sewer Average billing rate.
- New residents are initially set at the city-wide Average Water Consumption, which is currently $19.84 (4,000 gallons).
- The Annual Sewer Average is updated each year on the April statement.
- A minimum fixed sewer charge of $14.88 per month applies to all accounts regardless of consumption.
A trash charge of $16 per month is also on your utility bill. This is for a maximum of three trash carts.
Stormwater Impact Fees
Single-family residences are charged a flat fee of $2 a month.
Commercial businesses, churches and schools are charged $20 per month, per acre.
City Hall is located at 11701 Community Center Drive, Northglenn, CO 80233
The facility is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
- New Year's Day, Jan. 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, third Monday in January
- President's Day, third Monday in February
- Memorial Day, last Monday in May
- Independence Day, July 4
- Labor Day, first Monday in September
- Veterans Day, Nov. 11
- Thanksgiving Day, fourth Thursday in November
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day, Dec. 25