To assist our residents in identifying and locating services, we have compiled a list of local services and resources for seniors in the Northglenn area.
To be added to this list, the service must be through a nonprofit or government organization and be considered a benefit to seniors in Northglenn.
Adult Day Programs
- The Senior Hub's Adult Day Service - The Senior Hub’s Adult Day Service provides a break (respite) to the caregiver while providing social activities and health services for adults with Alzheimer’s Disease, dementia, chronic illnesses, and other problems that increase their needs for care. Adult Day Service participants have an opportunity to interact socially with peers, share in stimulating activities, and receive assistance with their activities of daily living.
- The Senior Hub's Respite Care Program - The Homecare Program uses professional and volunteer caregivers to provide in-home respite care (a break for caregivers) and also support services for any seniors who may need extra assistance to remain in their homes.
- Adams County Department of Human Services
- Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center - Call the poison center at 1.800.222.1222
- Salvation Army
- Social Security
- Vial of Life
- Northglenn Utility Assistance Program
- LEAP Energy Assistance Program
- Northglenn Lockbox Program
- Food Bank of the Rockies
- Meals on Wheels
- Immacualte Heart of Mary Food Bank
- Northglenn Christian Church Food Bank. Contact: 303.452.3787
- The Good Shepherd Food Bank
- Adams County Food Bank Resource Guide
- A-Lift (Adams County Community Transit) - A-Lift offers transportation to urban Adams County residents who are 60 years of age or more, and to disabled residents, regardless of age. Transportation is to medical and dental appointments, adult day and respite programs, grocery stores, congregate meal sites and personal trips (within seven miles of the residence). Please call a few days in advance of trip. Contact: 303.447.9636.
- DRCOG Hop, Skip & Drive - HopSkipDrive have partnered with DRCOG's transportation voucher program which provides free rides to people over 65, who qualify. Contact: 303.480.6700.
- RTD Access-a-Ride - Access-a-Ride provides curb-to-curb transportation to passengers who are unable to use RTD's regular buses, and who qualify for certification under the guidelines established by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Contact: 303.299.2960.
- RTD FlexRide - FlexRide is a convenient curb-to-curb service, covering a specific geographic area (Brighton, Evergreen, Gateway, Longmont, Lone Tree, Thornton/Northglenn and US-36), and designed to supplement existing RTD service and make it easy for commuters, school children, and others to get where they need to go. Contact: 303.299.6000
- RTD SeniorRide - SeniorRide transports seniors to a variety of cultural, educational and entertainment events. SeniorRide serves groups of 10 or more people for events listed in RTD's calendar. Contact: 303.299.6503
- DRMAC - The Denver Regional Mobility Council is a resource guide for transportation services in the Denver Metro area. They also provide online travel training workshops on how to use RTD and Lyft transportation. Contact: 303.243.3113
- AARP - Contact: 1.888.687.2277
- Adams County Aging Network (ACAN) - Contact: 303.760.8388
- Alzheimer's Association Helpline - Contact: 1.800.872.3900
- Benefits Checkup
- Community Services and Volunteer Opportunities - Contact: 211
- DRCOG Network of Care - Network of Care is a comprehensive, Internet-based community resource for the elderly and people with disabilities, as well as their caregivers and service providers.
- The Senior Hub's Senior Solutions - This program offers many services such as counseling, emergency assistance and programs to maintain health and independence. The program operates an emergency food bank and emergency assistance programs.
- Minor Home Repair Program - The Adams county MHR Program helps provide essential repairs ranked in accordance with program requirements, with top priority given to those items needed to establish a safe, sanitary, accessible, and energy efficiency. Contact: 720.523.6200