The City of Northglenn is closing the Senior Center and canceling all senior activities until further notice. We are hoping this will help reduce the spread of COVID-19 to an at-risk population. Staff will be on hand at the Senior Center to answer questions and provide referrals.The Northglenn Senior Center provides an excellent venue for the city's elder residents to socialize or find resources.
“There’s always a pot of coffee on … so stop by and visit awhile!”Location
The Northglenn Senior Center is located on the second floor of the Northglenn Recreation Center, 11801 Community Center Drive, and is accessible by elevator.
The senior center is open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.
The facility is closed on the following days:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Maintenance Week is the last week of August
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving and the Friday that follows
- Dec. 24, 25 and 26
Daily and Monthly Events
- Bunco: 9:45 a.m. Mondays
- Bingo: 9:45 a.m. Tuesdays
- Tai-Chi: 9:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Drop-in pinochle: 12:30-3:30 p.m. Wednesdays
- Drop-in bridge: 12:30-3:30 Wednesdays
- Games: 9-11 a.m. Thursdays
- Shuffleboard: 1 p.m. every second Monday of the month
- Adult coloring: 1 p.m. every first Monday of the month
- Community crafts: 1 p.m. on the second and fourth Monday
- Birthday party: 1 p.m. on the second Friday
- Low vision peer group: 11 a.m. on the second Tuesday
- Senior Book Club: 1 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday
The center offers special engagements that can be fun, educational - or both!
- Festive Fridays
- Restaurant Roundup
- Casino trips
- Arts and culture tours
- Educational programs
- Healthy Living Series
- AARP Driver Safety Program
- RTD Trips
The facility is open for rent after 4 p.m. weekdays and on the weekend. Call 303.450.8829 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or more information.