City Clerk’s Office
Northglenn City Hall
11701 Community Center Drive
Northglenn, CO 80233
Open weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Department of State
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
Vital Records Section
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South
Denver, CO 80246-1530
The City Clerk’s Office is a U.S. Department of State designated Passport Application Acceptance Facility. U.S. citizens planning international travel may apply for passports at the office.
Everyone applying for a passport must appear in person, including infants and children.
For application forms and other passport information, please visit the Department of State site or call 303-450-8709.
Applicants will need to provide:
Application for a U.S. passport (Form DS-11) – This form is available with the city clerk or can be downloaded from the Department of State’s official passport information Web site. While the application may be filled out in advance, it must be signed in the presence of a Passport Acceptance Agent. Do not sign the application before submitting it to the City Clerk’s Office.
Proof of citizenship – This can be a certified birth certificate, a previously issued passport or Naturalization Certificate. The original document will be sent in with your application and returned to you when your passport is issued. Most people will submit a certified birth certificate, which must include the following items:
• A file date, or the date the certificate was filed in the registrar’s office, within one year of the birth;
• Child’s full name;
• Parents’ names;
• Date and place of birth;
• Registrar’s signature; and
• A raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal of the registrar’s office.
We cannot accept a photocopy, a notarized copy, hospital certificate or baptismal certificate as proof of U.S. citizenship. There are several ways to obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate. You may contact the county or state in which you were born or use an internet service such as VitalChek. If you were born in Colorado, you can contact the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
Proof of identity – A valid driver’s license (not temporary or learner’s permit), naturalization certificate, previous passport, government-issued I.D. with photo and signature or military I.D. with photo and signature.
One passport photo – The city provides photos for a fee of $9 plus tax. Applicants may also provide their own photo; however, photographs that do not comply with Department of State specifications will be rejected. Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Costco, FedEx Office and other photo processing centers often provide passport photo services. Listed below are the specific requirements for passport photos:
• Submit one (1) color photo.
• Photo must be recent – within the last six months.
• Photo must measure 2x2 inches, with an image size from bottom of chin to top of head (including hair) of between 1 and 1 3/8 inches.
• Photo must be clear, front view, full face, taken in normal street attire without a hat or dark glasses, and printed on photographic paper with a white background.
• Effective Nov. 1, 2016, customers must remove their eye glasses when taking a photo for a U.S. passport.
• No uniforms or camouflage fabric is to be worn in passport photos.
Fees and Forms of Payments
• For citizens under 16 years old, passports are $80 and passport cards are $15.
• For citizens over 16, passports are $110 and passport cards are $30.
• The city charges a $25 execution fee.
• If a passport and passport card are ordered at the same time, the city charges only one execution fee. Payments to the U.S. Department of State must be paid with a check or money order. No cash or credit card will be accepted. Payments to the city can be made with cash, check, money order, Master Card or Visa.
CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY
Payable to U.S. Department of State
|U.S. Passport Book|
CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLYPayable to Department of State
CASH, CHECK, MONEY ORDER, MASTER CARD OR VISAPayable to City of Northglenn
(Age 16 and older)
(Applying with DS-82)
|Minors (Under age 16)||$80||$25|
|U.S. Passport Card|
Payable to Department of State
Payable to Acceptance Facility
(Age 16 and older)
(Applying with DS-82)
|Minors (Under age 16)||$15||$25|
|Other Service Fees|
• Additional Visa Pages: $82
• File Search Fee: $150
• Expedite Processing: $60
Passports vs. Passport Cards
NOTE: Passports may be used for any type of international travel. The Passport Card may only be used for re-entry into the United States at land borders and sea ports-of-entry when traveling from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda. Passport Cards may not be used for air travel.
Normal processing time for a passport application is four to six weeks. The U.S. Department of State recommends that customers expedite their applications if traveling in less than 10 weeks. Expediting an application costs $60, and is payable to the Department of State. Two-way overnight delivery is also strongly suggested for an additional fee of $20.66 to the Department of State and $22.95 to the city. Customers ordering expedited service should receive their passport within three weeks.