nextdoor instagram twitter facebook youtube

Patrol Division

Commander Peter Rice

Patrol Lieutenant Kelly Shelley

Patrol Lieutenant Scott McNeilly


The Patrol Division provides first responder police and animal control services to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Duties include:

  • Enforcing criminal and traffic laws
  • Apprehending criminals
  • Maintaining public order
  • Responding to calls for service
  • Conducting investigations
  • Educating the public regarding safety issues
  • Educating the public regarding crime prevention

Contact Information
To leave a message for a police officer call 303.450.8892 and ask for the officers extension.


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I request a patrol officer response?

In an Emergency call 911
In a Non-Emergency call 303.288.1535

How do I get a copy of a police report?

Complete a records request form
You may mail your request form or bring it into the Police Department.

How do I report a traffic accident?
Call 911
If the city is on accident alert or it is a private property accident you may report the accident online.
How do I request traffic enforcement?

Contact the Traffic Unit
Request Radar Trailer

How do I report an animal related problem?
Animal care and control is handled by the Police Department's Community Service Officers from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. seven days a week. 
Contact Animal Control

If you have an emergency related to an animal please call 911. 

How do I report graffiti?
Call the Graffiti Hotline at 303.252.3849
Submit a request online
How do I report a Code Enforcement issue?
Neighborhood Services handles enforcement of the Municipal Code that relates to health, safety, property maintenance and public nuisances within the city. Contact the Code Enforcement Division.
How can I be alerted to police activity in my area?

Sign up for the Adams County community notification system.

How do I request a ride along?

The Police Department offers a ride along program for residents and/or applicants with the City of Northglenn Police Department. Complete the ride along application and waiver

You will receive notification of your scheduled date and time.

How do I leave a message for an officer?
Call  303.450.8892 and ask for the officer's extension
How do I submit a commendation for an officer?
Any individual may make a complaint or commendation either by telephone, in writing or in person. Refer to the Complaints and Commendation Procedures for details.
How do I make a complaint against an officer?
Any individual may make a complaint or commendation either by telephone, in writing or in person. Refer to the Complaints and Commendation Procedures for details.
Peter Rice