(Regional Transportation District)
If you’re visiting our community and looking for a quick, easy and convenient way to get out and explore the Denver metro area, one way to do so is by bus. The Regional Transportation District (RTD) provides bus service all over the metro area, including Northglenn.
Go to the RTD Web site to look at updated schedules and routes to see what works best for you.
RTD has a park-n-Ride center by Northglenn at the corner of Huron Street and 120th Avenue. Park-n-Rides allow commuters to easily get into downtown Denver without hassling with traffic and parking.
Some of the special programs they offer include:
• Park-n-Ride is a perfect solution for commuters who have work in downtown Denver. Just park your car, lock it, and leave it. You'll not only be saving money over driving, you'll also enjoy a commute free of stress, traffic jams and bad weather. Plus you'll reduce wear and tear on your car as well as pollution. RTD has two locations near Northglenn, one off of Huron Street and 120th Avenue and the other at 104th Avenue and Washington Street.
• Call-n-Ride is a convenient curb-to-curb service, covers a specific geographic area (Brighton, Evergreen, Gateway, Longmont, Lone Tree, Thornton/Northglenn and US-36), and designed to supplement existing RTD service and make it easy for commuters, school children, and others to get where they need to go.
• The Senior Ride is designed to provide the opportunity for seniors fifty-five years of age and older to attend a variety of cultural events and activities. It has been an essential service for the senior community of the Regional Transportation District for the past twenty-four years.
• Access-a-Ride provides curb-to-curb transportation to passengers who are unable to use our regular buses, and qualify for certification under the guidelines established by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADD) of 1990.
• Rockies Ride is fast and convenient, making it the best way to get from 16 suburban locations to all Colorado Rockies' home games at Coors Field in LoDo.
• On the Broncos Ride, game day traffic and parking are never a problem when you take RTD to Sports Authority Field. RTD provides service to both preseason and all eight home games from 30 locations throughout the six-county metro area.
• With bike-n-Ride Local, Limited and Express buses are equipped with bike racks on the front of each bus. Regional and skyRide buses have baggage bins for bike storage in addition to the bike racks. Check out bike-n-Ride for more information.
A-Lift (Adams County Community Transit) - A-Lift offers transportation to urban Adams County residents who are 60 years of age or more, and to disabled residents, regardless of age. Transportation is to medical and dental appointments, grocery stores and congregate meal sites.