The city of Northglenn is committed to honest budget, responsible spending, and financial transparency.
In this spirit, the city has partnered with OpenGov to provide its citizens and stakeholders with the Financial Transparency Portal. The portal is designed to bring visibility, openness, and accountability to our operations.
This site provides you the opportunity to view, filter, and analyze revenue, expense, and balance sheet financial data for the city . You can analyze financial trends from 2010 to
the current year's budget.
Also, you are not limited to viewing your City’s financial data online. You can download the data (i.e. in Excel) for offline analysis.
• What does the city spend its money on?
• Where does the city's money come from?
• How have tax revenues performed over time?
• How much is spent on Capital Projects?
• How much is spent on Parks and Recreation?
OpenGov How-To Guide
OpenGov allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface.
• You'll notice the title of the Report you are viewing in the top left corner.
• Click on Saved on the left-hand side to view a list of common or favorite views on each report.
• Select Filter to display key menus.
• You can use the Show drop-down to select the data that is of most interest to you.
• Use the Broken Down By drop-down to specify the category you would like the data organized by in your chart or graph.
• Select the Filtered By option to view the data filters. These filters will allow you select exactly which data you want to include, or exclude, from your graph or chart.
• Use the Search function within each filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
• If your organization has uploaded multiple years of data, a Fiscal Year slider will be present below the Filtered By menu. Move the sliders to choose the fiscal year(s) whose data you would like to see.
• There are five different types of visual representations of the data:
- A stacked percentage graph to see percentage changes over time
- A stacked line graph to visualize overall trends over time.
- A line graph overlaying each trend over time.
- A pie chart to view percentage breakdowns by year. To view data for other years, move the slider below the pie chart.
- A bar chart comparing trends and percentage breakdowns over time.
• Below any chart or graph, you can view a Table detailing the financial information in the visualization above.
• Use the Help drop-down in the top right corner to:
- View a short How-To Guide with tips on navigating the platform.
- Recall the Welcome Screen.
- View a short Budget 101 primer with basic information on multi-fund accounting.
- Contact the administrators of the account.
• Use the Share drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Share your customized graph or chart through social media.
- Send a link to your customized graph or chart through email.
• Use the Download drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Download an image of the graph or table as a .png file.
- Download a spreadsheet as a .csv file.
For additional information on OpenGov and to access education materials, please visit: www.opengov.com/resources