Host a block party in your neighborhood! Get to know your neighbors and create a sense of community.
Block Party Trailer Rental
The City of Northglenn has a new trailer available for weekend rentals by community members. The trailer includes all of the essentials to host a block party.
- Barricades for street closure
- 12 tables (folding and picnic style)
- 32 folding chairs
- Inflatable screen and projector
- 4 ice chests and 3 water coolers
- 4 pop-up canopy tents
- Variety of lawn games
Step 1: Check available dates
There is a calendar below or contact Collette Cook at the information provided in the contact box.
Step 2: Confirm street closure eligibility
Contact Collette Cook at the information in the contact box to confirm street closure eligibility.
- Be prepared to provide the proposed party date and time as well as the street to be closed and end points (address/intersection).
- Please check this map to make sure your street is not automatically ineligible due to public safety access concerns.
- If your street is not eligible, consider working with neighbors on a side street or hosting a party at one of Northglenn's parks.
- Allow up to three (3) business days for a response.
Step 3: Submit completed application packet
- Once you have successfully completed Steps 1 and 2, submit a completed application packet, which can be found below in the Documents section.
- Completed application packets must be submitted at least ten (10) business days prior to party.
Rentals are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis based on the following:
- Drop-off: Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. prior to the party
- Pick-up: Monday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. following the party
Applicant will be expected to meet with staff on-site to exchange keys and review inventory. You can coordinate a time within the range upon application approval.
There is no cost to rent the trailer; however there may be additional fees if choose to acquire insurance (optional) through your homeowner's insurance or the City's TULIP program. Please view the application guide for more information.
- The applicant must be a resident of the City of Northglenn and the party must be held in the City of Northglenn.
- A petition with signatures from 80% of your neighbors within the closure area must be submitted as part of the application packet.
- Street closures are allowed for one (1) day per application, between the hours of 7 a.m. and *10 p.m.
*Barricades must be removed by this time; please allow time for clean-up when you promote the times for your party.Documents