"I would like to welcome you
to the Northglenn Police Department.
It is my honor to serve as the Chief of Police
for the Northglenn community
and to lead the very dedicated
men and women of this department."
Police Chief James S. May Jr.
Chief May started his law enforcement career with the Police Department in September of 1992.
- SWAT team
- Public Information Officer
- Community Relations Officer
- Bicycle Officer
- Use of Force and Driving Instructor
Lieutenant Commander 2005-2008
Chief of Police 2011-current
- Medal of Valor
- Life-Saving Medal
- Two Community Policing Awards
- Columbine Ribbon for his involvement with the SWAT team during the Columbine High School shooting in 1999
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice from Metropolitan State College of Denver.
- Northwestern University School of Police Staff and Command.
- Leadership and management of the Police Department
- Establish police policy, goals and objectives
- Monitors organizational and individual performance
- Responsible for development and management of the department's budget of more than $9,000,000.
The chief of police reports to the city manager.