The Administrative Division consists of one commander, one professional standards sergeant and one training sergeant.
The commander is responsible for:
• Fleet and equipment procurement
• Grant writing
• Policy and procedure creation and revision
• Writing and reviewing legal contracts
• Inter-governmental agreements with other professional entities
• Provides legal guidance to Chief of Police on administrative or legal issues facing the department
The professional standards sergeant is responsible for:
• Assessing personnel and organizational performance and accountability
• Conducting staff inspections
• Coordinating the hiring and recruiting of both sworn and civilian positions
• Investigating complaints of employee misconduct
• Media relations
The training sergeant is responsible for:
• Training newly hired employees
• Annual training for personnel
• Professional development training for staff.
• Assists with recruiting, hiring and background investigations for job applicants
The Northglenn/Thornton Special Weapons and Tactics Team also fall under the Administrative Division.
Commander Ron Haralson
Commander Ron Haralson joined the Northglenn Police Department in 1997. He was promoted to the rank of Sergeant in 2007, and Commander in 2015. During his time with Northglenn, Commander Haralson has held the positions of police officer, detective, patrol sergeant and professional standards sergeant. He has served as an armorer, driving instructor, field training officer and firearms instructor. Commander Haralson is also the chairperson of the Northglenn Police Pension Board. Prior to becoming a police officer, Commander Haralson served in the U.S. Army for over eight years.