Admission Tax License - Formatting

Admission Tax License - Formatting

Who Needs a Admission Tax License?

If you are hosting a public event and charging a fee in Northglenn, you must have an Admission Tax License.

Some examples of events include:

  • Movies
  • Plays
  • Concerts
  • Sporting events
  • Exhibitions

Are There Any Rules or Regulations?

You must collect and submit a 3 percent admission tax to the city. “Cover charges” or “door charges” also qualify as admission charges and are subject to the tax.

If you have a city Sales and Use Tax License, you can report the admission tax with your normal sales tax reporting.

How Do I Get It?

  1. 1. Fill out the Admission Tax License Application.
  2. 2. Return it to the City Clerk's Office, 11701 Community Center Drive, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays.

How Much Does It Cost?

It is free.

Do I Need to Renew?


Who Can I Contact?

City Clerk's Office
P: 303.450.8755
F: 303.450.8798

More Questions?

Click here for a series of frequently asked questions.

Is There Any Related Information?

City of Northglenn
11701 Community Center Drive
Northglenn, CO 80233