Esquibel will serve as mayor until a new mayor is sworn in following the municipal election on Nov. 5.
This appointment creates a vacancy in Ward 4.
Mayor Antonio B. Esquibel, along with Municipal Judge Amanda Bailhache, was chosen as the new mayor by City Council on June 24. “I’m going to do my best to represent the city. Over the next 134 days ... I will lead in a positive, proactive and respectful manner,” Esquibel said.
The deadline to apply for the Ward 4 City Council vacancy has passed. Thank you for your interest.
- 5:30-5:45 Annelies Cunis
- 5:45-6:00 Lonale Eckhardt
- 6:00-6:15 Anthony Foltz
- 6:15-6:30 Sonia Jacquez
- 6:30-6:45 Jason Kazemi
- 6:45-7:00 Michael Keaveny
- 7:00-7:15 Break
- 7:15-7:30 Paul Kelly
- 7:30-7:45 Luke Lopez
- 7:45-8:00 Rebecca Miller
- 8:00-8:15 Mary Mondragon
- 8:15-8:30 Yesenia Mora-Plata
- 8:30-8:45 Break
- 8:45-9:00 Heathre Palige
- 9:00-9:15 Cheri Roberts
- 9:15-9:30 Lauren Rodriguez
- 9:30-9:45 Laura Van Marter
- 9:45-10:00 Terry Wadding
- June 17, 2019 (Study Session): Discussion of application document for City Council vacancy once opened through mayoral appointment.
- June 24, 2019 (Regular Meeting): Selection of new mayor by council appointment. This appointee will serve through November 2019, when a new mayor will be elected via general election. The new mayor will serve a full four-year term. This appointment will create a vacancy on City Council. This will require the vacancy to be filled by appointment for a new council member to serve through November 2019.
UPDATE: Council voted 8-0 to appoint Antonio B. Esquibel as the new mayor of Northglenn. This creates a council seat vacancy in Ward 4.
- June 26, 2019: Notice of 14-day application period with notifications placed in the newspaper(s) and posted on city-owned social media accounts and website. Eligibility requirements and all application information will be included.
- June 26 – July 10, 2019: 14-day application period for City Council appointment. Interested applicants must apply by 5 p.m. on July 10, 2019.
- July 15, 2019 (Study Session): City Council interviews applicants for vacant council position. Interviews will be conducted during an open meeting and televised on Channel 8.
- July 22, 2019 (Regular Meeting): Selection by council and appointment of the new council member. This council member will serve until the regularly-scheduled general election in November 2019.
- Nov. 5, 2019: General election for mayor and council members in all four wards.
Council direction is provided within the context of the City Charter and Municipal Code. The charter is located online at www.northglenn.org/charter, while the Municipal Code is at www.northglenn.org/municode.