Emergency personnel may lose critical minutes when a house is locked preventing first responders from getting inside.
There is a solution – the Police Department provides lock boxes, similar to those used by real estate agents, to hold a spare house key. When emergency personnel are called to that home, dispatch can provide the combination if there's no answer at the door.
The lock box hangs in a secure location at the residence, and there is no cost to the resident.
For more information, please contact Officer Scott McNeilly at 303-450-8852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for the lock box program, participants must:
- Be a resident of Northglenn
- Live in a private home or apartment
- Have significant medical assistance needs or be a senior who lives alone
- Provide a spare house key
- Sign a release and agree to return the lock box if no longer participating in the program