Liquor License

Contact Information: 

P: 303-450-8755
F: 303-450-8798

City Clerk’s Office
Northglenn City Hall
11701 Community Center Drive
Northglenn, CO 80233

Liquor License

All establishments in the city that sell alcohol are required to have a license. This includes bars, taverns, restaurants and one-time events. Liquor licensing in Colorado is a two-tier process. License applications are first considered by the local licensing authority and then by the state licensing authority. All applications must be filed with the City Clerk's Office.

Transfer of Ownership

This application transfers a liquor license from an existing business to a new owner. This process can take between 45 and 60 days. The city does issue temporary permits.

Modification of Premises

Licensees must obtain approval from the local and state licensing authorities before any physical changes to their establishment can be made that would materially or substantially alter the premises from the plan that was submitted when the original license was obtained.

Manager Registration

Colorado law requires that all managers of hotel/restaurants and taverns that sell alcohol must register with the state. Additionally, the city requires the registration of managers for all other establishments that serve alcohol.

Special Event Permit

A special event permit is required for any one-day event where alcohol is being sold to the public.

To qualify for a Special Event Permit, the applicant must be one of the following:
• A non-profit organization for purposes of a social, fraternal, patriotic, political or athletic nature.
• A regularly-charterd branch, lodge or chapter of a national organization or society that is non-profit in nature.
• A regularly established religious or philanthropic institution.
• A political candidate who has filed the necessary paperwork with th Secretary of State or local election official.
• A municipality-owned facility where where productions of a cultural or artistic nature are held.

Special Private Occasion Permit

A Special Private Occasion Permit authorizes the possession and consumption of alcohol beverages on public property. An event qualifying for this type of permit may be conducted on public property such as city-owned property or park facilities. A special occasion is defined as a wedding, corporate or club picnic, or similar event of a social, fraternal, patriotic, political or athletic nature. Only 3.2 percent beer, 6.0 percent beer or wine may be possessed and consumed at the event. No spirituous, or hard liquor, is allowed.

City of Northglenn
11701 Community Center Drive
Northglenn, CO 80233