Let's make Northglenn more livable, vibrant and environmentally sustainable.
This program addresses social, economic and environmental issues by setting goals and tracking citywide initiatives.
The Sustainability Plan's vision statement outlines future aspiration's for the City:
Northglenn is a vibrant community that thrives on civic engagement and collaboration to use the power of our citizens to increase sustainability and enhance our resources and economic sustainability. We creatively and thoughtfully utilize our resources— showing pride in our community—to meet our present and future generation’s needs without compromising the ecosystems on which we depend, in order to create an exceptional quality of life for every generation.
The City selected nine goal areas which best align with the Sustainability Vision.
- Arts, Culture and Events
- Community Education and Civic Engagement
- Sustainable Economy
- Environment and Public Health
- Human Dignity
- Open Space and Land Use
- Resource Conservation
This project is currently in the implementation phase. Read more about current initiatives below.
- Sept. 24, 2018 - City Council approved Sustainability Plan
- August 2018 - Advisory group began meeting
- November 2017 - Project initiation; audit of existing programs
The Sustainability Advisory Committee directed staff to focus on one to two topic areas per year. The focus for 2019 has been on improving recycling diversion rates via two methods:
- Introducing recycling at City events starting with the Food Truck Carnival in May
- Improving residential participation/reducing contamination through outreach and education
Community members are being sought to participate in an advisory group that meets on a quarterly basis. If you are interested, please contact Becky Smith at the information in the contact box.
Documents Related Information