1. Improving capacity, efficiency and life span of the city's wastewater system.
2. Reducing corrosive gases, which in turn, reduces odors in the city and near the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
1. Lift Station A - Upgrades will include a new wet well, new pumps and a new communication system.
2. Force Main - Replacing Force Main pipes which carry sewage from Lift Station A to roughly 120th Avenue.
1. Lift Station A - Near Jaycee Park/Happy Dog Park.
2. Force Main - Section underneath Irma Drive, through Industrial Park, alongside the rail road tracks until 120th Avenue.
The estimated cost of this five-year project is $28.5 million.
A utility rate fee increase averaging 6 percent per year over five years is funding the project went into effect on January 1, 2018.
- 2018 - Utility fee increase started; proceeds funding the wastewater project, as well as other water construction projects.
- 2019 - Planning and design for the project began
- 2020 - Construction to begin late in year
- 2022 - Estimated completion