- To improve the capacity, efficiency and lifespan of the city's wastewater system. The repairs will also reduce corrosive gases, which reduces odors in the city and near the wastewater treatment plant.
- New pumps in Lift Station A. These pumps collect and push the sewage to the wastewater plant.
- New sewer Force Main pipes take sewage from Lift Station A to roughly 120th Avenue.
Learn more about Lift Station A and the Force Main
- Lift Station A is located near Jaycee Park/Happy Tails Dog Park.
- The sewer main that will be repaired and replaced is underneath Irma Drive through the industrial park and then runs alongside the railroad tracks.
The estimated cost of the five-year project is $28.5 million. A utility rate fee increase averaging 6 percent per year over five years is funding the project. It went into effect on Jan. 1, 2018.
The city will contract out for design services in 2019.
- Jan. 1, 2018 - Utility fee increase started; proceeds funding the wastewater project, as well as other water construction projects.
- 2019 - Planning and design for the project will begin
- 2020 - Construction to begin late in year
- 2022 - Estimated completion