The $13 Million revitalization of the Huron Center was completed in December 2018.
The Huron Center has been revitalized and redeveloped.
In partnership with the two property owners and the Northglenn Urban Renewal Authority (NURA), the shopping center has been revitalized and more than $3.2 million of above and underground infrastructure has been installed.
- Revitalize the aged center into a thriving shopping center for residents and visitors.
- Retain and attract quality tenants to the center.
- Improve utility infrastructure for the center and surrounding area.
- Re-energize and improve the appearance of the center.
- New businesses that will move into the shopping area:
- A 35,669-square-foot AutoZone Mega Hub
- A 21,773-square-foot Save-A-Lot grocer
- A newly-constructed, 2,400-square-foot Arby’s restaurant
- Repaved parking lot
- New building facades
- January 9, 2019
Save-A-Lot held its grand opening.
- August 2018
New facades installed and construction complete.
- June 26, 2018
AutoZone held its grand opening.
- June 21, 2018
Arby's held its grand opening.
- March 2018
When the 'now hiring' signs are posted, you know business construction is progressing. At the Huron Center on 104th Avenue, pedestrians and motorists can view signage for the future AutoZone and Arby's, as well as signs seeking employees. Those two businesses, along with Save-A-Lot supermarket, should all be open by early fall.
- Feb. 2, 2018
Save-A-Lot announces they will be coming to the Huron Center.
- November 2017
The new configuration for the north parking lot at the Huron Center has been established.
- Oct. 30, 2017
Crews are working hard on the renovation of the Huron Center. Here is a schedule update:
- Façade: Slated for completion in mid to late November with finishes.
- North side parking lot: Groundwork and grading are scheduled to be done the first week of November, with asphalt and paving set for completion by mid-November.
- South and east side parking Lot: Work will immediately follow completion of the north parking lot. Ground preparation and asphalt placement is expected to be done by mid to late December for the east lot and in early to mid-January on the south side.
Please note that these are estimates, and could change based on a number of factors, including weather.
- Aug. 24, 2017
The mayor and City Council members, along with members of the Northglenn Urban Renewal Authority and Huron Center property owners attended the official groundbreaking ceremony for the revitalization project at the Huron Center.
- July 31, 2017
AutoZone announces one of its Mega Hubs will be coming to the Huron Center.
- July 7, 2017
Evergreen Development purchased the vacant former Albertson’s/Rite Aid building at 104th Avenue and Huron Street from the Northglenn Urban Renewal Authority (NURA).
- April 3, 2017
The Northglenn Urban Renewal Authority (NURA) approved agreements with Evergreen-104th & Huron, L.L.C., and Impala Capital, LLC, to redevelop the 10.45-acre, 104,322-square-foot Huron Center. Impala owns the multi-tenant shops buildings east and west of the Evergreen property plus two outlet restaurant buildings.
- May 2014
NURA purchased the 57,442 square-foot former Albertson’s/Rite Aid property in May 2014 to position it for redevelopment.