Connect Northglenn is the city’s first bicycle and pedestrian master plan.This long-range plan provides background information on the extensive data analysis that went into developing recommendations and provides the framework for implementing both active transportation infrastructure and programming improvements throughout the city.
Connect Northglenn’s vision statement outlines the future aspirations of the city:
Walking and riding a bike in Northglenn is a comfortable and integral part of daily life for people of all ages and abilities. The City boasts a robust trail, pedestrian, and bikeway network.
This makes Northglenn a healthy and attractive place in which citizens are proud to live, work, and recreate. The network connects neighborhoods, job centers, transit stations, shops, schools, and other daily destinations, facilitating active living and aging in the community.Goals
The following goals, developed through the planning process, will guide the city towards fulfilling the plan vision:
- Connectivity and convenience
- Safety, comfort and health
The project is complete at this time. Connect Northglenn was funded by the City Council through an appropriation out of the normal budgeting process.
The city is now in the implementation phase.
- Present – Implementation
- February 26, 2018 – City Council certified adoption of the Plan
- January 16, 2018 – Planning Commission adoption of the Plan
- May-Sept. 2017 - Community engagement activities
- March 2017 – Project kickoff
- Recommendations Map
- Connect Northglenn Final Plan
- Connect Northglenn Appendices
- First Year Implementation Highlights