The 112th Avenue Station Area Master Plan is a vision of future land use and transportation infrastructure near the Northglenn at 112th Station, which is part of the RTD N Line.
- A vibrant, walkable, mixed-use community
- Complements the rail station and commuter train service
- Maximize the property’s development potential
- Ensure a sense of place
- Diversify housing
- Increase retail opportunities
The station area plan focuses on the ½-mile radius around the station, along with people and businesses who are expected to use the station, but may not be within that ½ mile radius. The plan takes into account avenues for people to walk, bike, drive or take other forms of public transportation to the station.
The project was funded in part from a Transportation Impact Program grant provided to Northglenn by the Denver Regional Council of Governments together with contributions from the cities of Northglenn and Thornton.
- The cities will look for opportunities to incorporate the plan in future projects. When private developers bring proposals for the land around the 112th Station, the cities will work together and with those developers to achieve the goals identified in the plan.
- The N Line may open August of 2020.
The planning divisions of the cities of Northglenn and Thornton, together with a consultant team, developed a preferred land use plan, strategic mobility plan and implementation recommendations for both cities. During the planning process, public input was gathered online and at public meetings. The team also received input from a milestone review committee and a developer forum.
The 112th Station Area Master Plan was adopted by Northglenn City Council on March 27, 2017, and by the Thornton City Council on Feb. 27, 2017. Future actions are dependent on action from the development community and opening of the RTD N Line.Documents
- 112th Station Area Master Plan
- Northglenn at 112th Station Area Market Analysis
- Developer Forum Summary and Conclusions
- Infrastructure Assessment
- HEAL Walkability Assessments
- Northglenn at 112th Station TOD Public Space Design Guidelines