2019 NG Fit Challenge
The city formed the committee after joining the HEAL Cities and Towns Campaign in the fall of 2014. This program is a partnership between LiveWell Colorado and the Colorado Municipal League (CML), which provides training and technical assistance to achieve the goals of HEAL. The committee focuses on healthy food access, active living, community engagement and social health.
The committee currently meets the third Tuesday of the month from noon to 1 p.m. in City Hall, 11701 Community Center Drive. Community members and business owners are being sought to join the committee. If you are interested, please contact Ashley Kaade at the information in the contact box.
This challenge is designed to help you meet national physical activity guidelines of at least 30 minutes of exercise five times a week, or 150 minutes total. We know that taking on a challenge is easier when you have support, so join the NG Fit Facebook Group to learn about monthly activities, post accomplishments or find some encouragement from fellow community members. Let's work together to have a healthy and happy year!
Join the NG Fit Facebook Group
In addition to the 30 x 5 fitness goal, each month will feature a special activity or challenge.
August 2019 - Fresh Fruit Challenge
Who doesn’t love fresh fruit this time of year? This month’s challenge is to eat at least three servings of fruit every day. You’re encouraged to try new fruits as well and share with the group the ones you love!Documents
- January NG Fit Tracking Calendar
- February NG Fit Tracking Calendar
- March NG Fit Tracking Calendar
- April NG Fit Tracking Calendar
- May NG Fit Tracking Calendar
- June NG Fit Tracking Calendar
- July NG Fit Tracking Calendar
- August NG Fit Tracking Calendar
- Food Access Assessment Executive Summary
- Food Access Assessment Full Report
- Northglenn Healthy Vending and Concessions Policy
- Tri-County Health Department Vending and Concessions Assessment