The city does not handle electronics recycling.
Electronic items include:
- Computers and monitors
- Laptops, notebooks and tablets
- Fax machines
- DVD and VCR players
- Peripherals such as keyboards and mice
- Radios and stereos
- Video game consoles
A number of businesses will recycle electronics. Please contact them to see if there is a cost associated with recycling your items.
104th Avenue and Bannock Street
9131 E. 96th Avenue
500 W. 53rd Place
Please be mindful of protecting personal information stored on the hard drive of computers, printers, etc. prior to recycling. Simply deleting files and reformatting the hard drive doesn't guarantee all your data will be destroyed.Source: State of Colorado
- Use special disk-wiping software designed to protect sensitive data; or
- Remove the hard drive and destroy it.
- Hammer a nail through it in several places.
- Dismantle and deeply scratch or break the inner disk plates.
- Once you've secured your personal information, bring the drive and other electronic waste to a reputable recycler.