Streets are cleaned with a large brush that forces debris out of the pavement where it is picked up into the truck. A small amount of water is sprayed onto the street to control the dust.
spring 2023 Street Sweeping happening now
- Keeps Northglenn beautiful
- Decreases airborne pollutants and particulates
- Protects water quality by preventing debris from entering storm drains
Do Your Part
- Prune overhanging tree branches to at least 14 feet above the street so the sweeper can sweep up to the curb line
- Do not sweep yard debris into the street
- When driving keep a safe distance away from the sweeper
All city streets are routinely swept in the spring and fall, typically in May and October. Also, weather permitting, streets are swept after every storm event that requires the application of ice melting materials.