The City of Northglenn is offering a second round of the Elevate Small Business Grant (ESBG) for rent/mortgage assistance to qualified storefront businesses with 25 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees.
Grant funds are to be used solely to pay for rent/mortgage obligations, not to exceed $5,000. Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to funding availability.
Applications now closed
I was born and raised in Northglenn and am still here generating business during these challenging times. We certainly appreciate the support of the city and council. I couldn't be more proud of the work the municipality is doing. Thanks again for recognizing the tough times and giving small business a significant boost in spirit and survival. - Tom Sandoval, president, Pat-Cin Enterprises
Use of Funds
The funds are to be used by qualifying businesses solely to pay for rent and associated expenses (common area maintenance, etc.) or mortgage payments and associated expenses (principal, interest and HOA fees) not to exceed $5,000. The grant funds can be used for rent/mortgage payments made from July 1 through Dec. 9, 2020. If your payments are less than $5000.00 per month, you may submit multiple months to reach the maximum amount.
To qualify for the ESBG, a business must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must have a physical Northglenn business, not located in a residence, that has been in operation for at least three (3) months prior to applying for the grant.
- Must be in good standing with the City of Northglenn for any permits, licenses, utilities, and taxes.
- Must have 25 or less full-time equivalent (FTEs).
- Businesses with multiple physical locations in the City of Northglenn may apply for the grant program for only one location. The FTE count shall be based only on the specific location applying for the grant.
- Individually owned franchise operators are eligible.
- Locally-owned and operated businesses (owner resides in Colorado and manages business at identified Northglenn location).
- Businesses must state a financial need for this grant due to COVID-19.
Business NOT eligible for the Grant
- More than 25 FTE employees
- Less than three (3) months in business in Northglenn
- Corporately-owned national chain businesses
- Not in good standing with Northglenn
- Banks, credit unions & other related financial institutions
- Marijuana/Cannabis businesses
- Storage, real estate, brokers, property management & assisted living
- Non-Profit, churches, schools & hospitals
- If a business is renting (sub-leasing) space, in a larger space from another business they are not eligible (ex. hair salons, massage therapists, brokers, skin care businesses that rent space or booth space).
- If awarded an Adams County rent/mortgage mini-grant. (Businesses that received a prior Northglenn Elevate Grant or Business is Back Recovery Grant are eligible.)
Required Supporting Documentation
- Application: Complete and sign online application at Elevate Grant.
- Rent/Mortgage Payment Documents: Supporting documentation reflecting payment(s) of monthly rent/mortgage payment(s) not to exceed $5,000.
- W-9 form
Awards and Disbursement of Grant Funds
A grant taskforce will determine eligibility and determine the grant amount. Awards will depend upon the number of applicants, availability of funds and demonstrated need.
Grants will be awarded generally on a first-come, first-served basis based on the time a qualifying business’s application is filed with the City, subject to funding availability.
Applicants who are awarded funding under the program will receive a Project Award notification with an Agreement which will outline all terms and conditions. Once the Agreement is executed and returned, a check will be processed (may take up to three weeks).
Applications can be completed at Elevate Grant. Applicants must complete and sign the application and attach ALL required documentation. Only complete applications will be accepted and all submissions will become the property of the City of Northglenn.
The City of Northglenn understands and supports the public’s right to access public records. Information submitted through this application is a public record and is subject to disclosure under the Colorado Public Records Act (CORA). In addition, the City of Northglenn may be required to disclose information by subpoena, civil-investigative demand, or court-ordered or court- authorized discovery. By submitting an application, the applicant certifies that all information is true and correct. Applicant acknowledges that they may be required to provide additional documentation.
For questions or assistance please contact: Shannon Fields at email@example.com.
Please note that this form will ONLY accept PDF and JPEG copies for proof of payment documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: The maximum size amount for all of the files submitted is 24MB. The city has no control over this limit.
Need a PDF?
Here are some suggestions:
Make a PDF from Word or Excel:
- Go to File -> Save As.
- Down at the bottom should be a file format. Select ‘PDF.’
- Type in what this document is.
- Click ‘SAVE’
Make a PDF from Web Pages or Email:
Note: This process may vary depending on browser/email client.
- Open up the web page or email
- Click Print
- Under destination, select ‘PDF’ or ‘Print to PDF’
- Click 'SAVE'
- Type in what this document is.
- Click 'SAVE'
NOTE: Save and Resume Later does NOT save loaded documents. If possible, please complete the application all at once.
NOTE: Please Use "Previous" and "Next" buttons to navigate form. Do not use forward and backward buttons in your browser.
129Number of Elevate Small Business Grants approved in the first round of the Elevate Small Business Grant.
$494,247Amount approved in the first round of the Elevate Small Business Grant.