Call 303-450-4001 for questions, concerns or more information.
Spring Street Sweeping Schedule
If you live on the west side of Interstate 25, the street sweeper will be in your area on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. If you live on the east side of I-25, the street sweeper will be in your area on one Thursday or Friday.
All city streets are routinely swept in the spring and fall. Tentative plans for this year will be May and October. In addition, streets are swept after every storm event that requires the application of sand.
How Does It Work
A small amount of water is sprayed onto the street to control the dust that is generated during sweeping. The actual street cleaning is accomplished by use of a large brush that forces particles and debris out of the pavement where they are picked up by a conveyor belt and placed in the truck's hopper for disposal.
• Improves aesthetics of the community
• Decreases the amount of air-borne pollutants
• Protects water quality
• Improves respiratory health
Do Your Part
• Prune tree branches to at least 14 feet above the street so the sweeper won't have to swerve around them
• Place yard debris in the trash rather than sweeping it into the street
• Consider using leaves and grass clippings as compost or mulch