Northglenn Recreation Center
Rec Center Pool Closed
The Northglenn Recreation Center pool will be closed in August and September, 2015, due to repairs. All activities and classes will be moved to Kiwanis Pool, 550 Garland Drive.
Rec Center Closed for Yearly Maintenance
The Northglenn Recreation Center, including the Northglenn Senior Center and D.L. Parsons Theatre, will be closed Monday, Aug. 24, to Sunday, Aug. 30, for annual cleaning and maintenance.
The center will be open ONLY for walk-in registrations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. during this time.
All activities normally scheduled for this week in the center, including the senior center and theatre, are canceled. Any city recreational activities that occur outside the center will still take place.
For more information, please call 303-450-8800.
The Northglenn Recreation Center is a 40,500-square-foot multi-purpose facility and is the home for the city's recreation programs and services. The recreation center consists of four multi-purpose rooms, a gymnasium, a weight room, a pool, two racquetball courts and a 300-seat performance theatre.
You may sign up for Recreation Center classes online at RecXpress or by calling 303-450-8800.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 5:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday: • 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. (Memorial Day to October)
• 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Rest of the Year)
• 3 and under: Free
• 4-12: resident, $2.25; non-resident, $2.75
• 13-17: resident, $2.75; non-resident, $3.25
• Adult: resident, $3.50; non-resident, $4.25
• 62 and up: resident, $2.50; non-resident, $3.50
Locker Room Renovation
After many years of planning and design, the city of Northglenn has begun construction on the Northglenn Recreation Center Locker Room and Restroom Remodel Project. The locker room remodel will include the addition of private showers, two new family locker rooms and new plumbing, fixtures and finishes. In addition, there will be improved access to the pool from the men’s and women’s locker rooms. After the completion of the locker room construction, the city will begin the remodeling of the main floor restrooms, which will include new partitions, fixtures and finishes. There will be temporary shower facilities available during construction, accessible through the pool area. The city will do its best to minimize any inconvenience throughout the duration of the project. On Oct. 13, City Council approved CR-104, with an expenditure limit of $789,838 for the project. The city received $320,000 in grant funding from Adams County Open Space for the project.
• Purchase a 20-punch pass.
Punch passes never expire and saves you money compared to the daily admission fee.
• Purchase a six-month or annual pass.
Annual and six-month passes can be paid in monthly installments. A Resident Recreation ID card is required to pay the resident rate. These can be obtained for free at the recreation center with proof of residency such as a photo ID. The various admission fees allow usage to the weight room, pool, gym, racquetball courts, Aquafit and fitness classes.
Recreation Center Amenities
• Swimming pool: The 25-yard, six-lane indoor pool with diving area offers a variety of aquatic opportunities for all ages and abilities - instructive to recreational.
• Gymnasium: The double gymnasium can be divided into two courts or one full-length court complimented by six basketball rims. It can also be set up for regulation volleyball games. The gym is available for drop-in participation, organized sporting events, martial arts or private rentals.
• Racquetball/walleyball courts: Two courts can be reserved for racquetball or walleyball play. Courts are open all regular hours.
• Fitness and weight room: Features a variety of equipment, including StairMasters stair climbers, Star-Trac treadmills, Elliptical Trainers, Concept II Rower, Schwin and Cybex cycles and the Cybex Modular Strength System.
• D.L. Parsons Theatre: The 300-seat theatre is home to the Northglenn Youth Theatre as well as the Missoula Children's Theatre and community performance groups.
• Northglenn Senior Center: The Northglenn Senior Center provides an excellent venue for the city's elder residents to socialize or find resources.
• Organized and walk-in sports
• Cycling classes
• Yoga classes
• Zumba classes
• Alpine Room: This room is located on the upper level of the recreation center. It's ideal for small business meetings for up to 20 people.
• Mountainview/Parkview Rooms: These rooms are located on the main level in the recreation center. They can accommodate up to 70 depending the type of setup. They include a sink, whiteboard, podium and projection screen. These rooms are great for baby showers or small birthday parties.
• Northglenn Senior Center: This room is located on the upper level of the recreation center. The senior center is available to rent for wedding receptions, church services, birthday parties, anniversaries, etc. The room has approximately 3,000 square feet of space and can accommodate up to 200 people depending on the type of setup for the rental.
• D.L. Parsons Theatre: Please go to the D.L. Parsons Theatre Rental Page.
• Double Gymnasium: Can be divided into two courts or one full-length court complemented by six basketball rims. It can also be set up for regulation volleyball games. It can accommodate up to 500 people.