City of Northglenn
11701 Community Center Drive
Northglenn, CO 80233
Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
Northglenn is an EEO/ADA employer. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled applicants in application and testing processes.
The city provides the following benefit options to regular full-time employees:
• Medical: The city provides health insurance coverage through Kaiser Permanente
• Dental: Delta Preferred Option and Delta Premier
• Life insurance, accidental death/dismemberment, dependent life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability benefits
• Flexible benefits: Medical care reimbursement and dependent care reimbursement plan
Social Security: The city does not participate in Social Security, but offers an employee pension plan instead. If you would like information regarding provisions and how this may impact your Social Security benefits, please call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213.
Pension Plan: The city does not participate in Social Security. Instead, there are two defined contribution pension plans:
• The General Employees Pension Plan: Vesting schedule: 20 percent at two years of service, increases by 20 percent each year thereafter until fully vested at six years of service.
• Police Pension Plan: (For sworn police personnel only). Vesting schedule: 40 percent at four years of service; 60 percent at five years of service; increases by 20 percent each year thereafter until fully vested at seven years of service.
The city contributes eight percent of salary to the pension plan for all regular full-time employees with four or less years of service, nine percent after five years of service and 10 percent after 10 or more years of service. Employees contribute 12 percent of their salary.
General leave: Instead of sick leave and vacation, the city provides general leave, which may be used for vacation, sick leave and personal emergencies. The city also provides 16 hours of personal leave each year for regular full-time employees.
Employee assistance program: The city provides a confidential counseling service through Mines and Associates. Employees and their family members are eligible for up to five counseling sessions per year.
Deferred compensation programs: 100 percent employee-funded optional benefit
Pre-paid legal services: 100 percent employee-funded optional benefit
Supplemental life insurance: 100 percent employee-funded optional benefit
Medicare tax withholding: Employees hired on or after April 1, 1986, are subject to a deduction for Medicare Tax in the amount of 1.45 percent of their gross earnings.
Employment eligibility verification (I-9 Form): New employees must present adequate documentation to verify their identity and employment eligibility within three business days of employment. Typical forms of documentation include: driver's license, Social Security card, passport, alien registration card (INS form I-551), etc. A complete list of acceptable documents is available from human resources.
Direct deposit of pay: All new employees of the city are required to participate in direct deposit of their bi-weekly paycheck. Bi-weekly pay can be deposited into one or more savings or checking accounts. If a new employee does not have a bank account, the city has information available for Horizons North Credit Union and Wells Fargo Bank. Horizons North Credit Union offers accounts with a minimum deposit of $25 and Wells Fargo Bank offers accounts with a minimum deposit of $100.